- Missionaries who desire to partner financially with First Presbyterian Church must apply for funding through the partnership application process of the World Missions Program.
- Applicants will have received the endorsement of their home church—attesting to their consistent Christian witness, giftedness, and missionary calling.
- New missionary candidates must live and serve outside of the borders of the United States of America.
- The candidate must be accepted for service under an approved mission agency that provides a professional level of infrastructure; i.e., field supervision, home ministry supervision, financial services, medical benefits, life insurance, and retirement consideration.
- First Presbyterian Church does not support missionaries serving under denominational mission boards other than Mission to the World (MTW), the foreign sending agency of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA).
- In keeping with the PCA’s commitment to the Reformed theological tradition, World Missions prioritizes its financial contributions to those missionaries whose ministries are associated with Mission to the World, Redeemer City to City, Serge, and the Southern Africa Reformed Mission.
- In keeping with the World Missions vision of “Church Planting Movements in Strategic Global Cities,” candidates must serve in a role that facilitates the planting and maturation of indigenous-led churches and church planting movements.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR CAREER MISSIONARIES